Reflections on the ClapSotronics editorial focus of late
Here’s a suggestion for real hope, change and responsibility:
– Ralph Waldo Emerson
Well Cricketeers, we’ve received several emails asking why we seem to have fixated on military spending reductions and single payer national health care of late. There are several reasons we have brought those two issues to the fore here.
- corpoRATe death merchants like general dynamics, corpoRATe wealth care insurers like united health care, and corpoRATe drug pushers like pfizer are massive unnecessary DRAINS on government spending and the rest of our political economy. The economic genetic misfire that is the co-joined twin of military industrial complex/health care industrial complex sucks more wealth out of our treasury then even the corpoRATe criminal banksters usually do.
- We at ClapSotronics are but a small patch of resistance in the larger worldwide anti corpoRATe revolt. We have to focus on getting something DONE in these our troubled times. There are so many issues to be tackled, it easily becomes overwhelming and unmanageable if we always go after the “flavor of the day” issue such as the corpoRATe media’s “bonus madness” of late.
SONOFABUSH! The real overriding issue this blog has always focused on is the failure of our democracy due to undue corpoRATe control of our government and the rest of our political economy. As important an issue as the failure of throwing corpoRATe welfare bailout gasoline on the fully involved five alarm fire economy is, this concentration on the latest ongoing corpoRATe and government crime detracts from the fundamental issue of fixing a failing system.By focusing on the military budget and health care. We believe we can make a real change by keeping it simple!
But there is a payoff for being focused as we have been here at ClapSotronics. That payoff has now come in this from reuters:
Obama urges end to finger-pointing on budget
By Matt Spetalnick
Tue Mar 17, 2009
WASHINGTON, March 17 (Reuters) – President Barack Obama, stepping up lobbying for his record $3.5 trillion budget, called on Tuesday for an end to finger-pointing and challenged Congress to offer constructive changes.
“With the magnitude of the challenges we face right now, what we need in Washington are not more political tactics, we need more good ideas,” he said after a White House meeting with fiscally-conservative Democratic lawmakers who have voiced concern about deficit spending.
“We don’t need more point scoring, we need more problem solving,” he told reporters.
DAGNABIT! YES, YES! By all means, lets do “more problem solving.” First we need define the problem. We at ClapSotronics see the out of control corpoRATions as THE BIG PROBLEM! How do we solve the big problem? Break it down to smaller problems, then solve the smaller problems until the big problem is itself solved. Making the big corpoRATions smaller is the plan. We do that with regulation and criminal prosecution of the banksters and other corpoRATe executhieves. This is something the Telepathic Crickets and I have been calling for in this blog since it’s inception!
There seems to be some talk behind the scenes in washingtOOn for doing a complete takeover of corpoRATe welfare mother aig. Much in the same way that fannie and freddie were. The idea being to sell off chunks of aig without letting that corpoRATe disaster go to chapter 11. At least the idiots in washingtOOn are starting to get the idea that letting the executhief corpoRATeers continue to run these failed companies while they continue to “manage” them via corpoRATe welfare fraud tax payer funding was never gonna work. The greedy bastards have just lined there own pockets! Where all this will lead is anyone’s guess. But so long as these monster corpoRATions are brought down to a manageable size and regulations are put in place that stop them and others from growing too damn big. That would be a good start.
Here’s a little article concerning one of our two fave targets here at ClapSotronics. The bloated corpoRATe military budget! This from the washingtOOn post:
Official Slams Pentagon on Major Weapons PurchasesBy Dana Hedgpeth
Washington Post Staff Writer
Wednesday, March 18, 2009
A top government oversight official today sharply criticized the way the Pentagon buys large weapons systems, saying in remarks prepared for Congress that systemic problems have led to $300 billion in cost overruns, failed programs and a need for major reforms.
“Major weapon programs continue to cost more, take longer, and deliver fewer quantities and capabilities than originally planned,” wrote Michael J. Sullivan, director of acquisition and sourcing management at the Government Accountability Office. Often, he added, Pentagon officials are “rarely held accountable for poor decisions or poor program outcomes.”
Sullivan outlined his concerns as part of testimony he is scheduled to deliver today to a House budget committee examining problems with the Defense Department’s acquisition process. He is slated to testify alongside Robert F. Hale, the undersecretary of defense comptroller who helps oversee the Pentagon’s budget.
Really, cutting the waste, fraud and abuse filled Pork barrel spending military industrial complex budget would have the effect of immediately shrinking a whole host of monster sized corpoRATions. Once we do that, there is the effect of less support for military adventures overseas. This would be a very good thing. Take the corpoRATe profit out of war, reduce the chance of any more wasteful wars!
The latest on health care is a feckless appaRATchik lead repackaging of the loose change poetics “down payment” plan statusQUObama proposed. It was greeted with the sound of one hand clapping. Now the word is that three ethically challenged congressional stooges, who I won’t even bother to name, will be trying to push legislation through by August. This resale of the same old corpoRATe wealth care insurer and corpoRATe drug cartel profiteering plan will fail. No more subsidy of the corpoRATe wealth care insurers and corpoRATe big pharma drug pushers!
The legislation they need instead pass has been waiting for positive action and has been stuck in committee for far too long! Pass hr 676 and give us the single payer universal national health care plan we need and deserve!
Here’s my FAVE endorsement for single payer universal national health care, from the neolib who now refuses to give it to us:
Let’s see, in the video statusQUObama had a step by step process to get a single payer health care plan:
- dems take back white house CHECK √
- dems take back senate CHECK √
- dems take back house o’reps CHECK √
- PAY UP BITCH! Mauhahahahahahahah
The ongoing ClapSotronics serving suggestion:
EAT THE FUCKING pig corpoRATe rich!
laBAMAnostra and laBUSHanostra agree:
- That the disaster of a war should continue indefinitely. laBAMAnostra has the same exit strategy as laBUSHanostra did, no exit strategy what so ever! The corpoRATe pigs agree the current war should be escalated and additional wars should be started whenever possible!
- That the waste, fraud, and abuse pork barrel spending on ever larger pentagon budgets should continue and money “should be no object” when it comes to the funding of military death and destruction! paygo my ass!
- That the thieving corpoRATe insurance companies (the rotten aig being only the tip of the corpoRATe iceberg in the insurance larceny business) should be able to continue to pocket almost half of our health care dollars via the waste fraud and abuse filled current “free market health care system.” This ripoff comes in the form of over the top corpoRATe insurer “administrative costs” and corpoRATe drug pusher profiteering even as the rest of us are badly served by their wealth care, NOT REALLY HEALTH CARE SYSTEM!
- That the wal-fare system (click this link to see how I defined the wal-fare system in an earlier post) started by the klinton klan co-presidents slick willy and hillary dillary doo (she a former walmart board member and both former co-presidents are now made members of laBAMAnostra) and made ever worse by the waste, fraud, and abuse pork barrel funding of so called “faith based” organizations should be able to continue to poverty pimp we poor folks into ever deeper poverty! Punitive policies that force us into slave labor, low wage “jobs” and sermons are no replacement for the basic human needs based system we should have!
- That the inherently dishonorable corpoRATe criminals should be allowed to continue to “self police” as the idiots in washingtOOn chant the tired deregulation mantra!
It’s time to put an end to deregulation and the kid glove wrist slap treatment they get by regulating the corpoRATeers and RICO statute CRIMINAL PROSECUTIONS OF THE corpoRATe THIEVES!
The Telepathic Crickets™ on the ClapSotronics editorial board and I wanna see all the criminal corpoRATeers brought to their knees!
The scientifically impossible I do right away
The spiritually miraculous takes a bit longer