ClapSo’s Clip Clops
*** DOW DEATH SPIRAL™ ***
|Trade Time:|| 4:30pm Mar. 30, 2009
|Day’s Range:||7,437.59 – 7,773.39|
|52wk Range:||6,440.08 – 13,191.50|
DIVE, DIVE, DIVE!
Here’s a suggestion for real hope, change and responsibility:
– Ralph Waldo Emerson
Well Cricketeers, it’s time for another triple C. Lets start this off with this very small step in the right direction from the feckless apparatchiks in washingtOOn. This from cnmoney:
GM CEO Rick Wagoner to resign
As troubled automaker appeals for federal help, Rick Wagoner gives up top spot following years of losses and declining U.S. market share.
By CNNMoney.com staff
March 29, 2009
NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) — General Motors Chief Executive Rick Wagoner will resign as part of the federal government’s plan to bail out the struggling automaker, White House and GM sources told CNN Sunday.
Wagoner’s departure comes the day before President Obama is expected to announce the latest details of the government’s plans for restructuring GM and Chrysler LLC, which have been pushed to the brink by huge losses and a sharp decline in sales.
A GM spokesman declined to comment.
SONOFABUSH! It’s about ALL of these executhieves gets the sack! It was idiots like wagoner who made the stupid decisions that lead these companies to bankruptcy and which now require massive government bailouts to stay afloat. It’s about time someone shoots down their executhief careers!
Speaking of shooting, this from ap:
Fear of regulation drives gun, ammo shortage
By Ben Neary,
March 29, 2009
CHEYENNE, Wyo. — Concern that the Obama administration could impose a new ban on some semiautomatic weapons is driving worried gun owners to stockpile ammunition and cartridge reloading components at such a rate that manufacturers can’t meet demand.
Attorney General Eric Holder last month suggested that President Obama’s administration favors reinstituting a U.S. ban on the sale of assault weapons. President Bill Clinton first signed such a ban into law in 1994, generally blocking some military-style guns with magazines that hold many cartridges. President George W. Bush had allowed the ban to expire.
“We have heard from all across the country that there is a tremendous shortage of ammunition,” said Lawrence Keane, senior vice president of the National Shooting Sports Foundation. “We’ve heard this from the manufacturers, that their customers are calling them trying to get supplies for inventory, and that the manufacturers are going full-bore, pardon the pun.”
DAGNABIT! Just what we need (NOT!) the gun nuts running out to buy more guns and ammunition. There are a whole slew of kooks ready to shoot up churches, nursing homes, and family gatherings. Giving them all the guns and bullets they can carry is a bad plan! There should be immediate action to stem the increased sales.
Speaking of shooting things up, statusQUObama’s escalation in afghanistan is not going over well with most folks. This from cnnpolitics:
Analysis: Americans wary about war in Afghanistan
From Bill Schneider
CNN Senior Political Analyst
March 28, 2009
WASHINGTON (CNN) — How does the American public feel about the war in Afghanistan? In a word, wary.
President Obama on Friday announced his strategy to fight terrorism in Afghanistan and Pakistan, a plan that includes more troops, new legislation, improved troop training and added civilian expertise.
“The United States of American did not choose to fight a war in Afghanistan. Nearly 3,000 of our people were killed on September 11, 2001,” Obama said Friday.
“We have a clear and focused goal: to disrupt, dismantle and defeat al Qaeda in Pakistan and Afghanistan,” he said.
Stressing that “the safety of people around the world is at stake,” Obama said the “situation is increasingly perilous” in the region in and around Afghanistan, where the United States has been fighting al Qaeda and the Taliban for more than 7½ years after attacks in New York and at the Pentagon.
Nevertheless, the American public has been wary about the war in Afghanistan, according to a CNN/Opinion Research Corp. poll conducted in February.
Continuing the war will be statusQUObama’s major failure. If there is anything that can make him a one term president, it’s continuing the war. Given that the idiots in the house and senate won’t have ethier enough sense or moxie to order a withdrawal (yes they really have the power to do it!). It looks like there is no hope at all that the war will end any time soon.
Speaking of the idiot dirty dems and idiot filthy repubs in the house and senate. Lets look at one of the many disgraceful corpoRATe lobbying groups that pulls their strings. this from ap:
THE INFLUENCE GAME: NRA clout shapes policy agenda
By JULIE HIRSCHFELD DAVIS,
Associated Press Writer
March 30, 2009
WASHINGTON – When Democrats acted last month to give the District of Columbia long-denied voting rights in Congress, the powerful gun lobby saw a target too good not to take a shot at.
The National Rifle Association’s lobbyists made it clear to lawmakers that they believed the bill should include a measure to overturn the capital’s gun control laws. Left mostly unsaid, but well understood by all 535 members of the House and Senate, was that failure to do so would unleash a barrage of political pain on resisters.
The result showed the strong sway the NRA has even over a Congress dominated by liberal Democrats who mostly disagree with the organization’s positions. The Senate voted overwhelmingly to add the gun-rights proposal. House Democratic leaders, fearing a tough vote on the issue, swiftly scrapped plans to consider the D.C. voting legislation.
The bill hasn’t resurfaced because Democrats cannot figure out how to keep it from splitting their ranks. Moderates and conservatives don’t want to buck the NRA. Liberals are reluctant to be blackmailed into loosening gun laws
Lets see what’s going down in washingtOOn. We have the nra setting gun policy and criminal corpoRATe banksters setting economic policy. We have the nuke, coal, oil, industries and the pig three automakers setting environmental and energy policy. The corpoRATe wealth care insurers and corpoRATe drug cartels are setting medical policy. No wonder things are so fucked up!
Here’s my FAVE endorsement for single payer universal national health care, from the neolib who now refuses to give it to us:
Let’s see, in the video statusQUObama had a step by step process to get a single payer health care plan:
- dems take back white house CHECK √
- dems take back senate CHECK √
- dems take back house o’reps CHECK √
- PAY UP BITCH! Mauhahahahahahahah
The ongoing ClapSotronics serving suggestion:
EAT THE FUCKING pig corpoRATe rich!
laBAMAnostra and laBUSHanostra agree:
- That the disaster of a war should continue indefinitely. laBAMAnostra has the same exit strategy as laBUSHanostra did, no exit strategy what so ever! The corpoRATe pigs agree the current war should be escalated and additional wars should be started whenever possible!
- That the waste, fraud, and abuse pork barrel spending on ever larger pentagon budgets should continue and money “should be no object” when it comes to the funding of military death and destruction! paygo my ass!
- That the thieving corpoRATe insurance companies (the rotten aig being only the tip of the corpoRATe iceberg in the insurance larceny business) should be able to continue to pocket almost half of our health care dollars via the waste fraud and abuse filled current “free market health care system.” This ripoff comes in the form of over the top corpoRATe insurer “administrative costs” and corpoRATe drug pusher profiteering even as the rest of us are badly served by their wealth care, NOT REALLY HEALTH CARE SYSTEM!
- That the wal-fare system (click this link to see how I defined the wal-fare system in an earlier post) started by the klinton klan co-presidents slick willy and hillary dillary doo (she a former walmart board member and both former co-presidents are now made members of laBAMAnostra) and made ever worse by the waste, fraud, and abuse pork barrel funding of so called “faith based” organizations should be able to continue to poverty pimp we poor folks into ever deeper poverty! Punitive policies that force us into slave labor, low wage “jobs” and sermons are no replacement for the basic human needs based system we should have!
- That the inherently dishonorable corpoRATe criminals should be allowed to continue to “self police” as the idiots in washingtOOn chant the tired deregulation mantra!
It’s time to put an end to deregulation and the kid glove wrist slap treatment they get by regulating the corpoRATeers and RICO statute CRIMINAL PROSECUTIONS OF THE corpoRATe THIEVES!
The Telepathic Crickets™ on the ClapSotronics editorial board and I
The scientifically impossible I do right away
The spiritually miraculous takes a bit longer