War cost continues to skyrocket under ethically challenged statusQUObama
Here’s a suggestion for real hope, change and responsibility:
– Ralph Waldo Emerson
Well Cricketeers, we have returned from a much needed vacation. It’s time to jump right back in with a post for those idiots who thought statusQUObama was gonna end the war. This from ap:
Obama asks quick congressional OK of new war money
By ANDREW TAYLOR,
Associated Press Writer
Apr 10, 2009
WASHINGTON – President Barack Obama wants Congress to act quickly on his $83.4 billion request for U.S. military and diplomatic operations in Iraq and Afghanistan, an appeal that’s disappointing the most liberal, anti-war wing of his party.
But with the president promising to remove all combat troops from Iraq by the end of August 2010, his Democratic allies in control of Congress are sure to pass his request without the type of tortuous battle that characterized their dealings with former President George W. Bush.
Obama’s request Thursday, which included money to send thousands more troops to Afghanistan, would push the cost of the two wars to almost $1 trillion since the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks, according to the Congressional Research Service. The additional money would cover operations into the fall.
SONOFABUSH! Where are the budget cuts to pay for the war and corpoRATe bailouts coming from? Who is losing in this equation where the rich get ever richer? This from the zoo york times:
States Slashing Social Programs for Vulnerable
By ERIK ECKHOLM
April 11, 2009
PHOENIX — Battered by the recession and the deepest and most widespread budget deficits in several decades, a large majority of states are slicing into their social safety nets — often crippling preventive efforts that officials say would save money over time.
President Obama’s $787 billion stimulus package is helping to alleviate some of the pain, providing large amounts of money to pay for education and unemployment insurance, bolster food stamp programs and expand tax credits for low earners. But the money will offset only 40 percent of the losses in state revenues, and programs for vulnerable groups have been cut in at least 34 states, according to the Center for Budget and Policy Priorities, a private research group in Washington.
Perhaps nowhere have the cuts been more disruptive than in Arizona, where more than 1,000 frail elderly people are struggling without home-care aides to help with bathing, housekeeping and trips to the doctor. Officials acknowledge that some are apt to become sicker or fall, ending up in nursing homes at a far higher cost.
DAGNABIT! Yup, the poor are gonna pay the freight for the continuation of out of control spending to further enrich the corpoRATe pig rich! The following video is a good hint at what we need do to bring the pig corpoRATe rich under control. This from Stimulator:
How much longer are we gonna take this crap? We have been getting screwed by the corpoRATe pig rich forever. Our children and grandchildren are getting screwed by their spending. When are YOU gonna wake up and demand better? The feckless appaRATchiks are spending money your great, great grandchildren will have to repay! This from reuters:
U.S. budget gap soars in first half of fiscal 2009
By David Lawder
WASHINGTON (Reuters) – The United States posted a record $956.8 billion budget deficit for the first half of fiscal 2009, more than triple the year-ago shortfall, as spending on financial and economic rescue programs ramped up, the Treasury Department said on Friday.
For March, the government recorded a deficit of $192.27 billion, a record for the month and nearly four times the year-ago gap of $48.21 billion.
March budget outlays ballooned to $321.23 billion, including $46 billion spent to inject capital into government-controlled housing finance companies Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac and $10.6 billion for federally subsidized unemployment benefits. The total outlays compared with $227.02 billion for March 2008.
There seems to be a money is no object mentality in washingtOOn when it comes to subsidizing the corpoRATe pig rich. A shame they don’t spend that money on things we need! It’s a shame that the “debate” on things like health care and the military budget are all about how to smokescreen big money into corpoRATe POCKETS! If they would cut the pentagon budget by 50%, we would erase the national debt in a couple of years. If they gave us a TRULY universal single payer national health care plan and put the thieving corpoRATe wealth care insurers out of the business, we would really have the federal budget in the black quick!
Here’s my FAVE endorsement for single payer universal national health care, from the neolib who now refuses to give it to us:
Let’s see, in the video statusQUObama had a step by step process to get a single payer health care plan:
- dems take back white house CHECK √
- dems take back senate CHECK √
- dems take back house o’reps CHECK √
- PAY UP BITCH! Mauhahahahahahahah
The ongoing ClapSotronics serving suggestion:
EAT THE FUCKING pig corpoRATe rich!
laBAMAnostra and laBUSHanostra agree:
- That the disaster of a war should continue indefinitely. laBAMAnostra has the same exit strategy as laBUSHanostra did, no exit strategy what so ever! The corpoRATe pigs agree the current war should be escalated and additional wars should be started whenever possible!
- That the waste, fraud, and abuse pork barrel spending on ever larger pentagon budgets should continue and money “should be no object” when it comes to the funding of military death and destruction! paygo my ass!
- That the thieving corpoRATe insurance companies (the rotten aig being only the tip of the corpoRATe iceberg in the insurance larceny business) should be able to continue to pocket almost half of our health care dollars via the waste fraud and abuse filled current “free market health care system.” This ripoff comes in the form of over the top corpoRATe insurer “administrative costs” and corpoRATe drug pusher profiteering even as the rest of us are badly served by their wealth care, NOT REALLY HEALTH CARE SYSTEM!
- That the wal-fare system (click this link to see how I defined the wal-fare system in an earlier post) started by the klinton klan co-presidents slick willy and hillary dillary doo (she a former walmart board member and both former co-presidents are now made members of laBAMAnostra) and made ever worse by the waste, fraud, and abuse pork barrel funding of so called “faith based” organizations should be able to continue to poverty pimp we poor folks into ever deeper poverty! Punitive policies that force us into slave labor, low wage “jobs” and sermons are no replacement for the basic human needs based system we should have!
- That the inherently dishonorable corpoRATe criminals should be allowed to continue to “self police” as the idiots in washingtOOn chant the tired deregulation mantra!
It’s time to put an end to deregulation and the kid glove wrist slap treatment they get by regulating the corpoRATeers and RICO statute CRIMINAL PROSECUTIONS OF THE corpoRATe THIEVES!
The Telepathic Crickets™ on the ClapSotronics editorial board and I have come to bury the feckless appaRATchiks, not to praise them!
The scientifically impossible I do right away
The spiritually miraculous takes a bit longer