*** DOW DEATH SPIRAL™ ***
|Trade Time:|| May 15, 2009
|Day’s Range:||8,230.17 – 8,394.96|
|52wk Range:||6,440.08 – 13,171.00|
DIVE, DIVE, DIVE!
Here’s a suggestion for real hope, change and responsibility:
– Ralph Waldo Emerson
Well Cricketeers, that’s what YOU can do if you fell for statusQUObama’s loose change poetics and believed YOU were gonna get real change after the last election!
DAGNABIT! Were YOU hoping that statusQUObama’s “historic cost-cutting promise” from the corpoRATe wealth care industry would actually mean real reduction in health care charges?
This from the zoo york times:
Health Care Leaders Say Obama Overstated Their Promise to Control Costs
By ROBERT PEAR
Published: May 14, 2009WASHINGTON — Hospitals and insurance companies said Thursday that President Obama had substantially overstated their promise earlier this week to reduce the growth of health spending.
Mr. Obama invited health industry leaders to the White House on Monday to trumpet their cost-control commitments. But three days later, confusion swirled in Washington as the companies’ trade associations raced to tamp down angst among members around the country.
After meeting with six major health care organizations, Mr. Obama hailed their cost-cutting promise as historic.
“These groups are voluntarily coming together to make an unprecedented commitment,” Mr. Obama said. “Over the next 10 years, from 2010 to 2019, they are pledging to cut the rate of growth of national health care spending by 1.5 percentage points each year — an amount that’s equal to over $2 trillion.”
Health care leaders who attended the meeting have a different interpretation. They say they agreed to slow health spending in a more gradual way and did not pledge specific year-by-year cuts.
SONOFABUSH! Were you hoping to get a complete withdrawal of our young people in uniform and an end to the war?
House Passes War Funds As 51 Democrats Dissent
By Perry Bacon Jr.
Washington Post Staff Writer
Friday, May 15, 2009
The House passed a bill yesterday that would provide more than $96 billion in funding for the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq through Sept. 30, as President Obama had requested, but a bloc of 51 Democrats opposed it.
Democratic opponents are accusing Obama of the same charge they leveled against his predecessor: escalating a war without a clear exit strategy.
The bill passed 368 to 60, with 200 Democrats and all but nine Republicans supporting it.
Democratic opponents did not attack Obama by name, but some likened his increase of 21,000 troops and billions of dollars to win the war in Afghanistan to President George W. Bush’s efforts in Iraq.
“When George Bush was president, I was on this floor saying we need an exit strategy,” said Rep. Jim McGovern (D-Mass.). “The same applies with Afghanistan. I’m tired of wars with no deadlines, no exits and no ends.”
Rep. Maxine Waters (D-Calif.), who also voted against the bill, said that “this bill simply amplifies and extends failed policies.”
Were you hoping to get the employee free choice act passed?
Were you hoping to get real universal single payer health care?
We insist that the criminal statusQUObama admin:
- Cut pork barrel military spending by 50%! FUCK the military industrial complex!
- Replace the failed “down payment plan” with universal single payer health care!
Here’s my FAVE endorsement for single payer universal national health care, from the neolib who now refuses to give it to us:
Let’s see, in the video statusQUObama had a step by step process to get a single payer health care plan:
- dems take back white house CHECK √
- dems take back senate CHECK √
- dems take back house o’reps CHECK √
- PAY UP BITCH! Mauhahahahahahahah
The ongoing ClapSotronics serving suggestion:
EAT THE FUCKING pig corpoRATe rich!
laBAMAnostra and laBUSHanostra agree:
- That the disaster of a war should continue indefinitely. laBAMAnostra has the same exit strategy as laBUSHanostra did, no exit strategy what so ever! The corpoRATe pigs agree the current war should be escalated and additional wars should be started whenever possible!
- That the waste, fraud, and abuse pork barrel spending on ever larger pentagon budgets should continue and money “should be no object” when it comes to the funding of military death and destruction! paygo my ass!
- That the thieving corpoRATe insurance companies (the rotten aig being only the tip of the corpoRATe iceberg in the insurance larceny business) should be able to continue to pocket almost half of our health care dollars via the waste fraud and abuse filled current “free market health care system.” This ripoff comes in the form of over the top corpoRATe insurer “administrative costs” and corpoRATe drug pusher profiteering even as the rest of us are badly served by their wealth care, NOT REALLY HEALTH CARE SYSTEM!
- That the wal-fare system (click this link to see how I defined the wal-fare system in an earlier post) started by the klinton klan co-presidents slick willy and hillary dillary doo (she a former walmart board member and both former co-presidents are now made members of laBAMAnostra) and made ever worse by the waste, fraud, and abuse pork barrel funding of so called “faith based” organizations should be able to continue to poverty pimp we poor folks into ever deeper poverty! Punitive policies that force us into slave labor, low wage “jobs” and sermons are no replacement for the basic human needs based system we should have!
- That the inherently dishonorable corpoRATe criminals should be allowed to continue to “self police” as the idiots in washingtOOn chant the tired deregulation mantra!
It’s time to put an end to deregulation and the kid glove wrist slap treatment they get by regulating the corpoRATeers and RICO statute CRIMINAL PROSECUTIONS OF THE corpoRATe THIEVES!
The Telepathic Crickets™ on the ClapSotronics editorial board and I would like YOU to get over the silly belief that the ethically challenged statusQUObama is gonna do anything different from the last criminal who dirtied the run in the oval orifice!
The scientifically impossible I do right away
The spiritually miraculous takes a bit longer