ClapSo’s Clip Clops – special corpoRATe WTF!? edition
Here’s a suggestion for real hope, change and responsibility:
– Ralph Waldo Emerson
Well Cricketeers, it’s been a while since we did everyone’s fave, the big triple C. Lets get right to it shall we?
Talk about screwball mismanagement. The “new chrysler” seems as poorly run as the old chrysler! This from cnnmoney:
Chrysler restarts with the Viper
The factory that makes the Dodge Viper sports car is the first to reopen after bankruptcy.
By Peter Valdes-Dapena,
CNNMoney.com senior writer
June 15, 2009
NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) — Chrysler will soon be making cars again.
Chrysler Group announced Monday that it is restarting a factory, after shutting down all of its manufacturing for nearly seven weeks following the bankruptcy of Chrysler LLC. Chrysler Group is the new company that emerged last week with most of Chrysler’s assets and a new ownership structure.
The first plant to reopen is the one that makes the Dodge Viper sports car.
The Viper has a 600 horsepower V-10 engine and a price tag that starts at about $90,000. The Viper was introduced in the 1992 model year, and only 25,000 have been sold since then.
SONOFABUSH! WTF!? So the crazy executhief bastards that ran chrysler into the ground have decided to restart the failing company by producing a $90,000 gas guzzling sports car that only sold 25,000 units in SEVENTEEN YEARS? WTF!? Am I the only one who doesn’t get how this is a good business plan? This is just fuckin’ STUPID!
Speaking of fuckin’ stupid, who’s more stupid AND greedy then the criminal banksters? This from cnnmoney:
Big banks still not lending
Loan volume at the 21 largest recipients of government funding fell 7% during the month of April, according to a survey by the Treasury Department.
By David Ellis,
CNNMoney.com staff writer
June 15, 2009
NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) — Lending at the nation’s top banks slowed in April, according to a government report published Monday, driven in part by continued deterioration in the U.S. economy.
The dollar amount of new loans issued by the 21 biggest recipients of taxpayer funds under the government’s Troubled Assets Relief Program, or TARP, fell 7% to $273 billion from nearly $295 billion during the month of March.
DAGNABIT! WTF!? The feckless appaRATchiks in washingtOOn gave the thieving criminal bankster corpoRATe welfare mothers zillions of tax payer dollars in corpoRATe welfare fraud with the excuse that this would make the banksters loan more money, AND NOW THE AMOUNT THE corpoRATe banksters ARE LENDING IS GOING DOWN? WTF!? Maybe the banksters intend to give up on the loan sharking and go into getting bailed out full time huh? There’s more profit in the government bailout biz!
Speaking of going down, that’s what both their ship and the price they paid for the damage has done. GONE DOWN thanks to a drunk captain and the federal appeals court! This from reuters:
Exxon: Court-ordered $507.5M from Valdez spill
Appeals court awards punitive damages plus 5.9% interest running from the 1996 trial judgment.
June 15, 2009
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) — A federal appeals court Monday ordered Exxon Mobil Corp. to pay $507.5 million in punitive damages stemming from the 1989 Exxon Valdez oil spill off Alaska, plus 5.9% interest running from the 1996 trial judgment, the opinion said.
The amount is a fraction of the $5 billion in punitive damages originally awarded to fishermen, Alaska natives, business owners and other litigants by a jury in 1996, and equals the compensatory damages agreed to in a subsequent settlement, the opinion said.
The opinion issued Monday by the Ninth U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals set the punitive damages figure, and determined the date from which the interest would run, after the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that the maximum ratio of punitive to compensatory damages is 1:1 under maritime law.
FAGETABOWDIT! WTF!? The original $5 billion was too low! The now reduced to $507.5 million is RIDICULOUSLY LOW! Those ethically challenged corpoRATe scumbags on the exxon board spend more then that on golf outings in a year!
The Telepathic Crickets™ on the ClapSotronics editorial board and I wanna nuke the corpoRATions, all of em!
We continue to insist that the criminal statusQUObama admin:
- Cut pork barrel military spending by 50%! FUCK the military industrial complex!
- Replace the failed “down payment plan” with universal single payer health care!
Here’s my FAVE endorsement for single payer universal national health care, from the neolib who now refuses to give it to us:
Let’s see, in the video statusQUObama had a step by step process to get a single payer health care plan:
- dems take back white house CHECK √
- dems take back senate CHECK √
- dems take back house o’reps CHECK √
- PAY UP BITCH! Mauhahahahahahahah
The ongoing ClapSotronics serving suggestion:
EAT THE FUCKING pig corpoRATe rich!
laBAMAnostra and laBUSHanostra agree:
- That the disaster of a war should continue indefinitely. laBAMAnostra has the same exit strategy as laBUSHanostra did, no exit strategy what so ever! The corpoRATe pigs agree the current war should be escalated and additional wars should be started whenever possible!
- That the waste, fraud, and abuse pork barrel spending on ever larger pentagon budgets should continue and money “should be no object” when it comes to the funding of military death and destruction! paygo my ass!
- That the thieving corpoRATe insurance companies (the rotten aig being only the tip of the corpoRATe iceberg in the insurance larceny business) should be able to continue to pocket almost half of our health care dollars via the waste fraud and abuse filled current “free market health care system.” This ripoff comes in the form of over the top corpoRATe insurer “administrative costs” and corpoRATe drug pusher profiteering even as the rest of us are badly served by their wealth care, NOT REALLY HEALTH CARE SYSTEM!
- That the wal-fare system (click this link to see how I defined the wal-fare system in an earlier post) started by the klinton klan co-presidents slick willy and hillary dillary doo (she a former walmart board member and both former co-presidents are now made members of laBAMAnostra) and made ever worse by the waste, fraud, and abuse pork barrel funding of so called “faith based” organizations should be able to continue to poverty pimp we poor folks into ever deeper poverty! Punitive policies that force us into slave labor, low wage “jobs” and sermons are no replacement for the basic human needs based system we should have!
- That the inherently dishonorable corpoRATe criminals should be allowed to continue to “self police” as the idiots in washingtOOn chant the tired deregulation mantra!
It’s time to put an end to deregulation and the kid glove wrist slap treatment they get by regulating the corpoRATeers and RICO statute CRIMINAL PROSECUTIONS OF THE corpoRATe THIEVES!
The scientifically impossible I do right away
The spiritually miraculous takes a bit longer