My letter to the editor RE: Time to take real action against bp!
Here’s a suggestion for real hope, change and responsibility:
– Ralph Waldo Emerson
Well Cricketeers, I hope you have viewed the new cartoon I created above. It shows the complete lack of thought going into the response to SPILL, BABY, SPILL!
I sent out a letter to the editor concerning bp. It went to several local and national corpoRATe fish wraps. YOU should send one too! You can do so by clicking this link:
I doubt any of the corpoRATe media cartels will bother to publish my letter, so here it is for all to see:
I am writing to insist that BP have it’s assets seized and that those assets be used to pay for the clean up and other damages caused by this SPILL, BABY, SPILL in the gulf of Mexico. I am not alone in this as I support such calls from SeizeBP.org and other organizations as well as many of my fellow citizens.
This disaster was neither an “Act of God” nor Nature, but rather it was caused the unmitigated greed of Big Oil’s most powerful executives. BP shares none of its profits when its operations are going well; why should we share in the costs when things go awry? There should be no cap at all on BP’s liability.
Since the feckless appaRATchiks is washingtOOn passed a bill that was signed into law limiting corpoRATe polluter BP to a ridiculously low liability of $75 MILLION when the actual cost will be in the trillions. I see no other chance for us to recoup the loss but seizure of the company. There should also be RICO statute criminal prosecutions of all BP executives involved! Else we will be paying the cost via taxpayer funds, and I for one am not willing to bail out BP, just as I was unwilling to bail out the banksters! ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!
SONOFABUSH! In the mean time the three major corpoRATions involved in this disaster are blaming each other! What a surprise, NOT! This from ap:
BP, other companies point fingers in oil rig blast
By MATTHEW DALY, Associated Press Writer
WASHINGTON – Early finger-pointing erupted Monday among companies involved in the oil rig explosion in the Gulf of Mexico and unstopped leak of millions of gallons of oil, on the eve of the first congressional hearings into the accident.
A top American executive for BP, Lamar McKay, said a critical safety device known as a blowout-preventer failed catastrophically. Separately, the owner of the rig off Louisiana’s coast said BP managed it and was responsible for all work conducted at the site. A third company defended work that it performed on the deepwater oil well as “accepted industry practice” before last month’s explosion.
“We are looking at why the blowout preventer did not work because that was to be the fail-safe in case of an accident,” McKay, chairman and president of BP America, said in testimony prepared for a Senate hearing Tuesday. A copy of his testimony was obtained by The Associated Press. “Transocean’s blowout preventer failed to operate.”
The chief executive for Swiss-based Transocean, which owned the oil rig and the blowout preventer, shifted blame to BP.
“All offshore oil and gas production projects begin and end with the operator, in this case BP,” CEO Steven Newman said in his Senate testimony, also obtained by the AP. Newman said BP was responsible for submitting a detailed plan specifying where and how a well is to be drilled, cased, cemented and completed.
Newman also said BP’s contractor, Halliburton Inc., was responsible for encasing the well in cement, putting a temporary plug in the top of the well and ensuring the cement’s integrity. That cementing process was dictated by BP’s well plan, Newman said.
A Halliburton executive, Tim Probert, said the company safely finished a cementing operation 20 hours before the rig went up in flames. Probert said Halliburton completed work on the well according to accepted industry practice and at the direction of federal regulators.
DAGNANIT! So three of the big oil STOOGES, bp, halliburton and transocean are blaming each other huh?
FAGETABOWDIT! I believe EVERYTHING bad these ethically challenged environmental criminal corpoRATeers say about each other! Off with their fucking empty heads, NYUK, NYUK, NYUK!
Others who have been blamed:
- god, as in act of…
- nature, as in act of…
- space aliens “hey bubba I seen a bright light in da sky afore the rig done blowed up!”
- illegal aliens, but the right wingnuts are blaming them for EVERYTHING these days…
- environmentalists. as in “if only the environmetalists would stop making such a big thing about a little spill, then bp wouldn’t have such a pr mess to clean up!”
The Telepathic Crickets™ on the ClapSotronics editorial board and I want YOU to know this is an act of environmental terrorism and the bp executhieves need to be RICO statute prosecuted for it! We say water board the bastards till they confess! Ship em to gitmo! WTF?!
We continue to insist that the criminal statusQUObama admin:
- Cut pork barrel military spending by 50%! FUCK the military industrial complex!
- Replace the failed “down payment plan” with universal single payer health care!
Here’s my FAVE endorsement for single payer universal national health care, from the neolib who now refuses to give it to us:
Let’s see, in the video statusQUObama had a step by step process to get a single payer health care plan:
- dems take back white house CHECK √
- dems take back senate CHECK √
- dems take back house o’reps CHECK √
- PAY UP BITCH! Mauhahahahahahahah
The ongoing ClapSotronics serving suggestion:
EAT THE FUCKING pig corpoRATe rich!
laBAMAnostra and laBUSHanostra agree:
- That the disaster of a war should continue indefinitely. laBAMAnostra has the same exit strategy as laBUSHanostra did, no exit strategy what so ever! The corpoRATe pigs agree the current war should be escalated and additional wars should be started whenever possible!
- That the waste, fraud, and abuse pork barrel spending on ever larger pentagon budgets should continue and money “should be no object” when it comes to the funding of military death and destruction! paygo my ass!
- That the thieving corpoRATe insurance companies (the rotten aig being only the tip of the corpoRATe iceberg in the insurance larceny business) should be able to continue to pocket almost half of our health care dollars via the waste fraud and abuse filled current “free market health care system.” This ripoff comes in the form of over the top corpoRATe insurer “administrative costs” and corpoRATe drug pusher profiteering even as the rest of us are badly served by their wealth care, NOT REALLY HEALTH CARE SYSTEM!
- That the wal-fare system (click this link to see how I defined the wal-fare system in an earlier post) started by the klinton klan co-presidents slick willy and hillary dillary doo (she a former walmart board member and both former co-presidents are now made members of laBAMAnostra) and made ever worse by the waste, fraud, and abuse pork barrel funding of so called “faith based” organizations should be able to continue to poverty pimp we poor folks into ever deeper poverty! Punitive policies that force us into slave labor, low wage “jobs” and sermons are no replacement for the basic human needs based system we should have!
- That the inherently dishonorable corpoRATe criminals should be allowed to continue to “self police” as the idiots in washingtOOn chant the tired deregulation mantra!
It’s time to put an end to deregulation and the kid glove wrist slap treatment they get by regulating the corpoRATeers and RICO statute CRIMINAL PROSECUTIONS OF THE corpoRATe THIEVES!
The scientifically impossible I do right away
The spiritually miraculous takes a bit longer