kerry-lieberman so-called “climate bill” STILL!!! supports offshore oil drilling, coal mining, and nuclear energy! Oh yeah?
*** DOW DEATH SPIRAL™ ***
Dow Jones Industrial Average (DJI: ^DJI)
|Trade Time:||4:04PM EDT|
|Day’s Range:||9,952.68 – 10,179.03|
|52wk Range:||8,057.57 – 11,309.00|
DIVE, DIVE, DIVE!
Hey kids! the Telepathic Crickets™ hope you enjoy today’s ClapSotOOn™ (NEW AND IMPROVED with 20% less trans fat!)
Here’s a suggestion for real hope, change and responsibility:
– Ralph Waldo Emerson
Well Cricketeers, file this one under the idiots in washingtOOn haven’t got a goddamn clue! This from Peace Action of central new york:
Kerry-Lieberman “climate bill” still supports offshore oil drilling and atomic energy The Kerry-Lieberman “American Power Act” released today would massively subsidize the expansion of the atomic energy industry, at taxpayer financial risk and direct expense. It would similarly benefit the offshore oil drilling industry, despite the catastrophe unfolding in the Gulf of Mexico, as well as the coal industry, despite the recent deadly mine explosion in West Virginia.
As pointed out by the Energy Collective, the bill clearly prioritizes nuclear energy’s expansion, while renewables and efficiency seem to be a mere afterthought. As reported by Democracy Now!, numerous environmental groups expressed immediate opposition. Beyond Nuclear objected, as did other groups such as NIRS (on behalf of a coalition of 200 organizations), Friends of the Earth, Taxpayers for Common Sense, andGreenpeace. Public Citizen spoke out against the bill, providing a section by section analysis. The Center for Biological Diversity called the bill “a disaster for our climate and planet,” decrying the subsidies for “dangerous and costly nuclear energy.” You know something is seriously wrong when the Nuclear Energy Institute “applauds” the Kerry-Lieberman bill, while licking its chops in hopes of gobbling up a large part of the $1.5 trillion investment NEI says is needed “over the next 20 years to meet rising electricity demand and upgrade our electric grid,” much of which could well come in the form of federal subsidies, risky loan guarantees, tax incentives, short cuts on safety, and other taxpayer giveaways.
Call your U.S. Senators right away via the U.S. Capitol Switchboard at (202) 224-3121 and urge them to oppose this dirty, dangerous and expensive energy industry subsidy bill, and to support real climate protection legislation in its place.
SONOFABUSH! More nukes, more coal mining, and more oil drilling equals more three mile islands, more coal mine disasters, and more spill baby spill!
DAGNABIT! How many times do we have to see these disasters before we truly understand that the nuke, coal and oil industries need be twilighted? They were never that great at being safe and they seem to have become even WORSE lately!
FAGETABOWDIT! If it wasn’t for massive tax payer subsidies, direct and indirect, these three industries would have died out and been replaced by more efficient industries long ago! To continue AND INCREASE tax payer subsidies of these industries, while falsely claiming this rotten legislation is a “climate bill” stinks on ice!
The Telepathic Crickets™ on the ClapSotronics editorial board and I hope YOU are NOT GONNA FALL FOR THIS BULLSHIT SO-CALLED “CLIMATE BILL!” It should be named the ethically challenged environmentally criminal corpoRATeers subsidy and bail out bill!
We continue to insist that the criminal statusQUObama admin:
- Cut pork barrel military spending by 50%! FUCK the military industrial complex!
- Replace the failed “down payment plan” with universal single payer health care!
Here’s my FAVE endorsement for single payer universal national health care, from the neolib who now refuses to give it to us:
Let’s see, in the video statusQUObama had a step by step process to get a single payer health care plan:
- dems take back white house CHECK √
- dems take back senate CHECK √
- dems take back house o’reps CHECK √
- PAY UP BITCH! Mauhahahahahahahah
The ongoing ClapSotronics serving suggestion:
EAT THE FUCKING pig corpoRATe rich!
laBAMAnostra and laBUSHanostra agree:
- That the disaster of a war should continue indefinitely. laBAMAnostra has the same exit strategy as laBUSHanostra did, no exit strategy what so ever! The corpoRATe pigs agree the current war should be escalated and additional wars should be started whenever possible!
- That the waste, fraud, and abuse pork barrel spending on ever larger pentagon budgets should continue and money “should be no object” when it comes to the funding of military death and destruction! paygo my ass!
- That the thieving corpoRATe insurance companies (the rotten aig being only the tip of the corpoRATe iceberg in the insurance larceny business) should be able to continue to pocket almost half of our health care dollars via the waste fraud and abuse filled current “free market health care system.” This ripoff comes in the form of over the top corpoRATe insurer “administrative costs” and corpoRATe drug pusher profiteering even as the rest of us are badly served by their wealth care, NOT REALLY HEALTH CARE SYSTEM!
- That the wal-fare system (click this link to see how I defined the wal-fare system in an earlier post) started by the klinton klan co-presidents slick willy and hillary dillary doo (she a former walmart board member and both former co-presidents are now made members of laBAMAnostra) and made ever worse by the waste, fraud, and abuse pork barrel funding of so called “faith based” organizations should be able to continue to poverty pimp we poor folks into ever deeper poverty! Punitive policies that force us into slave labor, low wage “jobs” and sermons are no replacement for the basic human needs based system we should have!
- That the inherently dishonorable corpoRATe criminals should be allowed to continue to “self police” as the idiots in washingtOOn chant the tired deregulation mantra!
It’s time to put an end to deregulation and the kid glove wrist slap treatment they get by regulating the corpoRATeers and RICO statute CRIMINAL PROSECUTIONS OF THE corpoRATe THIEVES!
The scientifically impossible I do right away
The spiritually miraculous takes a bit longer