234 Years later, How goes the revolution? EPIC FAIL!
*** DOW DEATH SPIRAL™ ***
Dow Jones Industrial Average (DJI: ^DJI)
|Trade Time:||Jul 2|
|Day’s Range:||9,614.32 – 9,770.87|
|52wk Range:||8,057.57 – 11,309.00|
DIVE, DIVE, DIVE!
Here’s a suggestion for real hope, change and responsibility:
– Ralph Waldo Emerson
Well Cricketeers, for all the radical chic and revolutionary zeal many card carrying members of the suckergencia™ display at this time of year. We have become a country bent on world domination. A disastrous top heavy empire that has been failing for decades. Take the war for example, even some members of the filthy repub party are coming out against it:
Statement in the House by Rep. Ron Paul of Texas on funding the war in Afghanistan.
In January 1991, we went to war in the Middle East against Saddam Hussein, Iraq’s dictator who was our ally during the Iran-Iraq war. A border dispute between Kuwait and Iraq broke out after our State Department gave a green light to Hussein’s invasion.
After Iraq’s successful invasion of Kuwait, we reacted with gusto and have been militarily involved in the entire region 6,000 miles from our shores ever since. This has included Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Yemen, and Somalia. After 20 years of killing and a couple trillion dollars wasted, not only does the fighting continue with no end in sight, but our leaders threaten to spread our bombs of benevolence on Iran.
For most Americans, we are at war, at war against a tactic called terrorism, not a country. This allows our military to go any place in the world without limits as to time or place. But how can we be at war? Congress has not declared war, as required by the Constitution, that is true. But our Presidents have, and Congress and the people have not objected. Congress obediently provides all the money requested for the war.
People are dying. Bombs are dropped. Our soldiers are shot at and killed. Our soldiers wear a uniform; our enemies do not. They are not part of any government. They have no planes, no tanks, no ships, no missiles, and no modern technology. What kind of a war is this anyway, if it really is one? If it was a real war, we would have won it by now. Our stated goal since 9/11 has been to destroy al Qaeda.
Was al Qaeda in Iraq? Not under Saddam Hussein. Our leaders lied us into invading Iraq and deceived us into occupying Afghanistan. There is still really no al Qaeda in Iraq and only 100 or so in Afghanistan, and yet there is no end in sight to the war. Could there have been other reasons for this war that is not a war? A military victory in Afghanistan is illusive. Does anyone really know who we are fighting and why?
Why has the war not ended? Nine years, and it continues to spread. Some claim it is to keep America safe, that our soldiers are fighting and dying for our freedom, defending our Constitution. Are we being lied to in order to keep us in this spreading war, just as we were lied to in the 1960s to keep us in Vietnam?
We own the Iraq Government, as we do Afghanistan. In Afghanistan, we are fighting the Taliban, those dangerous people with guns defending their homeland. Once they were called the Mujahideen, our old allies, along with bin Laden, in the fight to oust the Soviets from Afghanistan in the 1980s. In that effort, our CIA funded radical jihad against that nasty foreign occupier, the Russians. What gratitude. Those same people now resent our benevolent occupation, with a little violence thrown in.
The resistance to our presence grows as our perseverance wanes. Our people are waking up, but our officials refuse to recognize the longer we stay, the greater is the support for those dedicated to the principle that Afghanistan is for Afghans who resent all foreign occupation.
The harder we fight a war that is not a war, the weaker we get and the stronger becomes our enemy. When an enemy without weapons can respect an army of great strength, the most powerful of all history, one should ask, who has the moral high ground?
Military failure in Afghanistan is to be our destiny. Changing generals without changing our policies or our policymakers perpetuates our agony and delays the inevitable.
This is not a war that our generals have been trained for. Nation building, police work, social engineering is never a job for foreign occupiers and never an appropriate job for soldiers trained to win wars.
A military victory is no longer even a stated goal of our military leaders or our politicians, as they know that type of victory is impossible.
The sad story is, this war is against ourselves, our values, our Constitution, our financial well-being and common sense. And at the rate we’re going, it’s going to end badly.
What we need are honest leaders with character and a new foreign policy.
SONOFABUSH! Yes! We have been saying on this blog for years that this war is a failure! ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! Time to withdraw, and the sooner the better!
DAGNABIT! We told YOU that statusQUObama was gonna fall right into the quagmire when he was still just the dirty dem clebdidate! We told YOU and TOLD YOU, but YOU didn’t listen! YOU went out and voted that IDIOT into the oval orifice, and now his failed continuation of laBUSHanostra’s policies is gonna bring down laBAMAnostra and the rest of the dirty dem party to boot!
FAGETABOWDIT! the co-joined twins of the apocalypse both dirty dem and filthy repub have led us down the path to military ruin, and YOU have assisted them in this. YOU have repeatedly taken part in the failure!
The Telepathic Crickets™ on the ClapSotronics editorial board and I keep telling YOU that voting for the dirty dems and?or the filthy repubs only insures the continued FAILURE! It’s time to walk away from BOTH those parties and vote for third party or independent candidates!
We continue to insist that the criminal statusQUObama admin:
- Cut pork barrel military spending by 50%! FUCK the military industrial complex!
- Replace the failed “down payment plan” with universal single payer health care!
Here’s my FAVE endorsement for single payer universal national health care, from the neolib who now refuses to give it to us:
Let’s see, in the video statusQUObama had a step by step process to get a single payer health care plan:
- dems take back white house CHECK √
- dems take back senate CHECK √
- dems take back house o’reps CHECK √
- PAY UP BITCH! Mauhahahahahahahah
The ongoing ClapSotronics serving suggestion:
EAT THE FUCKING pig corpoRATe rich!
laBAMAnostra and laBUSHanostra agree:
- That the disaster of a war should continue indefinitely. laBAMAnostra has the same exit strategy as laBUSHanostra did, no exit strategy what so ever! The corpoRATe pigs agree the current war should be escalated and additional wars should be started whenever possible!
- That the waste, fraud, and abuse pork barrel spending on ever larger pentagon budgets should continue and money “should be no object” when it comes to the funding of military death and destruction! paygo my ass!
- That the thieving corpoRATe insurance companies (the rotten aig being only the tip of the corpoRATe iceberg in the insurance larceny business) should be able to continue to pocket almost half of our health care dollars via the waste fraud and abuse filled current “free market health care system.” This ripoff comes in the form of over the top corpoRATe insurer “administrative costs” and corpoRATe drug pusher profiteering even as the rest of us are badly served by their wealth care, NOT REALLY HEALTH CARE SYSTEM!
- That the wal-fare system (click this link to see how I defined the wal-fare system in an earlier post) started by the klinton klan co-presidents slick willy and hillary dillary doo (she a former walmart board member and both former co-presidents are now made members of laBAMAnostra) and made ever worse by the waste, fraud, and abuse pork barrel funding of so called “faith based” organizations should be able to continue to poverty pimp we poor folks into ever deeper poverty! Punitive policies that force us into slave labor, low wage “jobs” and sermons are no replacement for the basic human needs based system we should have!
- That the inherently dishonorable corpoRATe criminals should be allowed to continue to “self police” as the idiots in washingtOOn chant the tired deregulation mantra!
It’s time to put an end to deregulation and the kid glove wrist slap treatment they get by regulating the corpoRATeers and RICO statute CRIMINAL PROSECUTIONS OF THE corpoRATe THIEVES!
The scientifically impossible I do right away
The spiritually miraculous takes a bit longer