The Best Laid Plans of Mice and Tyrants: “GO OUT mubarak!”
Here’s a suggestion for real hope, change and responsibility:
– Ralph Waldo Emerson
Well Cricketeers, our good friends at wikileaks did their thing and released all those cables. Here’s a timely post concerning the revolution in Egypt. It can be found at:
Egypt – Egyptian Military Succession Plans Told to US Embassy
WikiLeaks Staffer, 28 January, 2pm GMT
The Egyptian military planned for a “smooth” transfer of power to the president’s son in the event of regime change, according to recently published US diplomatic cables.
A senior Egyptian politician told an American diplomat in July 2009 [09CAIRO1468] that the military would safeguard a “constitutional transition of power” and implied the armed forces would support Gamal Mubarak, the son of current president Hosni Mubarak. Dr. Ali El Deen Hilal Dessouki, a former minister in the ruling National Democratic Party (NDP), claimed that even though “the real center of power in Egypt is the military”, they would have “no objection to a civilian” as the next president.
A remark interpreted by the US official as a “pointed reference” to Gamal Mubarak. Dessouki went on to dismiss the possible danger of protests against the current regime, calling opposition parties “weak” and democracy a “long term goal.”
“There would be some violence around the upcoming 2010 parliamentary and 2011 presidential elections”, he said, “but…security forces would be able to keep it under control.”
“Widespread politically-motivated unrest was not likely because it was not part of the ’Egyptian mentality’. Threats to daily survival, not politics, were the only thing to bring Egyptians to the streets en masse.” On 25 Janurary 2011, media reports recorded over 30,000 people who took to the streets to defy the government ban on protesting against President Hosni Mubarak’s 30-year-old rule. Security forces have arrested around 500 demonstrators over the two days, according to Interior Ministry sources. It has been reported that at least one protestor and one policeman have been killed in the capital. Gamal Mubarak’s presidential ambitions are well known inside Egyptian politics and society. In April 2007 [07CAIRO974], a US diplomatic cable quotes a protected source who observes that, “Gamal and his clique are becoming more confident in the inevitability of Gamal’s succession, and are now angling to remove potential stumbling blocks.”
One potential obstruction was his lack of military experience. Unlike his father, Gamal did not automatically enjoy the support of the armed forces.
A cable from September 2008 [08CAIRO2091] quotes a group of Egyptian academic and civilian analysts who highlight “the armed forces’ uneasiness with Gamal Mubarak”.
In the same cable, other analysts reportedly believe, “the regime is trying to co-opt the military through patronage into accepting Gamal” and conclude that “despite tensions between the military and business, their relationship remains cooperative.”
In the cable dated 30 July 2009 [09CAIRO1468], Dr Dessouki acknowledged that although “the military is concerned about maintaining its ’corporate interests’”, it was committed to a “constitutional transition of power.”
SONOFABUSH! That piece of shit mubarak has been in power for thirty years. He has been running around saying his idiot son would be taking power after him. The Egyptian people have said “no thanks!” They have done so by taking to the streets in large numbers all over the country!
DAGNABIT! That laBAMAnostra has been supporting the filthy mubarak regime to the tune of $150 billion a year just like laBUSHanostra and the other filthy washingtOOn regimes over the last thirty years did is an ongoing disgrace. Now wikileaks have outed laBAMAnostra as collaborators with the mubarak regime.
FAGETABOWDIT! Egyptian protesters need our support — join me in signing on in solidarity!
The corpoRATe media cartels have been doing a lousy job covering this revolution, however Al Jazeera English: Live Stream can be accessed here:
Today there will be the largest march since this revolution started about a week ago! I quote the following poem for the brave people of Egypt, in the hope that it should continue to inspire them and the rest of the world:
To the Tyrants of the World
Wikipedia translation of Tunisian poet Abo Al Qassim Al Shabbi
Hey you, the unfair tyrants… You the lovers of the darkness…
You the enemies of life…
You’ve made fun of innocent people’s wounds; and your palm covered with their blood
You kept walking while you were deforming the charm of existence and growing seeds of sadness in their land
Wait, don’t let the spring, the clearness of the sky and the shine of the morning light fool you…
Because the darkness, the thunder rumble and the blowing of the wind are coming toward you from the horizon
Beware because there is a fire underneath the ash
Who grows thorns will reap wounds
You’ve taken off heads of people and the flowers of hope; and watered the cure of the sand with blood and tears until it was drunk
The blood’s river will sweep you away and you will be burned by the fiery storm.
The Telepathic Crickets™ on the ClapSotronics editorial board and I fully support people all over the world who are resisting their shit governments! WE need to do a much better job resisting OUR shit government here in the u s of a!
We continue to insist that the criminal statusQUObama admin:
- Cut pork barrel military spending by 50%! FUCK the military industrial complex!
- Replace the failed “down payment plan” with universal single payer health care!
Here’s my FAVE endorsement for single payer universal national health care, from the neolib who now refuses to give it to us:
Let’s see, in the video statusQUObama had a step by step process to get a single payer health care plan:
- dems take back white house CHECK √
- dems take back senate CHECK √
- dems take back house o’reps CHECK √
- PAY UP BITCH! Mauhahahahahahahah
The ongoing ClapSotronics serving suggestion:
EAT THE FUCKING pig corpoRATe rich!
laBAMAnostra and laBUSHanostra agree:
- That the disaster of a war should continue indefinitely. laBAMAnostra has the same exit strategy as laBUSHanostra did, no exit strategy what so ever! The corpoRATe pigs agree the current war should be escalated and additional wars should be started whenever possible!
- That the waste, fraud, and abuse pork barrel spending on ever larger pentagon budgets should continue and money “should be no object” when it comes to the funding of military death and destruction! paygo my ass!
- That the thieving corpoRATe insurance companies (the rotten aig being only the tip of the corpoRATe iceberg in the insurance larceny business) should be able to continue to pocket almost half of our health care dollars via the waste fraud and abuse filled current “free market health care system.” This ripoff comes in the form of over the top corpoRATe insurer “administrative costs” and corpoRATe drug pusher profiteering even as the rest of us are badly served by their wealth care, NOT REALLY HEALTH CARE SYSTEM!
- That the wal-fare system (click this link to see how I defined the wal-fare system in an earlier post) started by the klinton klan co-presidents slick willy and hillary dillary doo (she a former walmart board member and both former co-presidents are now made members of laBAMAnostra) and made ever worse by the waste, fraud, and abuse pork barrel funding of so called “faith based” organizations should be able to continue to poverty pimp we poor folks into ever deeper poverty! Punitive policies that force us into slave labor, low wage “jobs” and sermons are no replacement for the basic human needs based system we should have!
- That the inherently dishonorable corpoRATe criminals should be allowed to continue to “self police” as the idiots in washingtOOn chant the tired deregulation mantra!
It’s time to put an end to deregulation and the kid glove wrist slap treatment they get by regulating the corpoRATeers and RICO statute CRIMINAL PROSECUTIONS OF THE corpoRATe THIEVES!
The scientifically impossible I do right away
The spiritually miraculous takes a bit longer